Trekking mountainous rice terraces (cheaper option)
Hoang Su Phi, Ha Giang, Viet Nam
Spend complete 4 days trekking mountainous rice terraces to explore the unique beauty of the mountainous area, Ha Giang of Hoang Su Phi. Experience constant changes of scenery, from valley to hills, from streams to forests, from mountain to villages, which are all included in your amazing trekking tour. A highlight of the tour is one night staying in Panhou village, an environmentally friendly resort. These 4 days trekking mountainous rice terraces will leave you unforgettable experiences.
- The majestic natural landscape and unique terraced fields in Vietnam.
- Trekking routes across rice terraces, villages, bamboo forests and tea forests.
- Lively interactions with indigenous people from 12 different minority groups in Hoang Su Phi.
- Wonderful night at Panhou ecolodge.
- Car pick up at 7AM from Hanoi to drive 290km till you reach Hoang Su Phi of Ha Giang.
- After lunch in Tan Quang or Bac Quang Town, keep heading to Tan Xa Phin village.
- Once getting to the village, your trekking tour officially starts to lead you to Le Hong Phong village, hosted by Tay ethnic group. Subsequent villages including Dao Ao Dai (long-clothed Dzao) people’s village will be in the sight.You are invited to stay at homestay of Tay people and freely chat with the hosts.Note: Trekking about 6km (2 hours)
Set off the 2nd day of this trekking tour by hiking to Nam Hong village. The route crosses magnificent bamboo forests, tea hills, Red Dzao people’s villages and rice terraces.
Stop for lunch when reaching at Nam Ai village.
Continue your trekking to Nam Hong village by passing Nam Khoa skygate, walk along valleys and the rice terraces in Nam Khoa village.
Take an overnight reststay at Red Dao homestay in Nam Hong village.
Note: Trekking 21km
Optional activity: fire dance.
After delicious breakfast, visit Nam Hong’s mini museum to learn more about traditions as well as culture and habits of hill tribes living here.
After hikingtrekking through forests and terraced fields, you will arrive in Nam Nghi village then have lunch therewhere lunch is served.
In the afternoon, you will trek cross Shan Tuyet tea hill, head to Panhou village. This is a great opportunity to watch people take care of and harvest Shan Tuyet tea, a specialty of Ha Giang
Having dinner and have an overnight rest in Panhou village, the eco-friendly hotel in Hoang Su Phi
Note: Trekking 5-6h
Finish your 4 days trekking mountainous rice terraces tour by saying goodbye to Panhou and come back to Hanoi.
If it’s Sunday, you cannotshould not miss the weekly periodic Sunday market. On the way head back to Hanoi, you will be stopped briefly for picnic lunch.
You will reach Hanoi before it’s dark.
TOUR PRICE :
These prices are valid from 01 Jan to 31 Dec 2019
|Group 2-3 pax||Group 4-6 pax||group 7-10 pax|
|Price per person in USD||501||311||237|
- Tours and transfers as mentioned in the itinerary (air conditioned vehicle)
- Accommodation in homestays or hotels as mentioned in the program
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- 2 water bottles/day/pax. For environmental protection the empty bottle needs to be returned for recycling.
- English speaking guide; local guide
- Permit and entrance fees for all visits and activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Community fund: 10% of your homestay fee will contribute to the community development fund.
- Beverages and personal expenditures
- Local cultural perfomance/show
- Other transfers than mentioned
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- Travel insurance for the trip Hanoi – Hoang Su Phi – Hanoi
General terms and conditions
We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for trips to Vietnam.
Please see the General Terms and Conditions before booking a tour.
We recommend to bring good walking shoes, raincoat, jacket, insect repellent, long sleeved clothes, hat or umbrella, sunscreen and sunglasses.
Saving energy & water
Code of behaviour
- Travel with respect and genuine desire to learn about the local people and culture, encourage villagers pride to maintain their traditions.
- Respect holy, cultural, archeological places; do not remove any artifacts, do not touch or move religious objects
- Ask for permission before you take pictures or make video tape in the village.
- Avoid activities that are not fit for ecotourism such as singing karaoke, playing gambling, playing loud music...
- You could buy local products to help improve the lives of local people.
- Avoid giving gift directly to children which may encourages begging.